This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Bravenet's exact php version

Hello, there. I've been searching in these forums for an answer to my question, but no one seems to have asked before.
I need to know the exact version of PHP Bravenet is running in their servers. I'm experiencing an issue that was present in PHP 5.24 (and below) and that supposedly had been fixed in version 5.25 (and above). The only clue I have about this is a notification I found dated earlier 2009 in which a Bravenet staff member said they would be updating from P5P 5 to 6 at the end of 2009, but I was never notified about any updates or changes regarding this matter.
If you have any information about this, please DO share, .
Thanks!

Browser: any

Re: Bravenet's exact php version

Bravenet's MySQL/PHP FAQ only says "The latest version available", but the Help area on PHP Compatibility lists "Aardvark Topsites PHP 5.1.2".

You can also find out directly from the server. Create a empty file named "info.php" and add the following code. The point your browser at it, "http://yourdomain.com/info.php".

Code:
<?php
echo 'PHP version: ' . phpversion();
?>

My host prints out "PHP Version 5.2.6-1+lenny4"

Or, if you want even more information about the PHP installation try the following code.

Code:
<?php phpinfo(); ?>

On my web host, this shows me every setting and variable in the PHP installation.

Any more about Bravenet's plans for update, can probably be obtained by opening up a support ticket. There is a ticket catagory named "Website Hosting - PHP/MySQL".

Browser: Firefox, Netscape, Sea Monkey, Internet Explorer, .....

Re: Bravenet's exact php version

Hi Philo, thank yo so much for your detailed answer. I'll try both techniques so I can get as much information as possible.
Take care!