This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Warning error

Getting this error what am I doing wrong help

Warning: exec() has been disabled for security reasons in /misc/28/179/259/102/0/user/web/blackarticlesdirectory.com/install/index.php on line 12

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) in /misc/28/179/259/102/0/user/web/blackarticlesdirectory.com/install/index.php on line 19

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /misc/28/179/259/102/0/user/web/blackarticlesdirectory.com/install/index.php:12) in /misc/28/179/259/102/0/user/web/blackarticlesdirectory.com/install/index.php on line 19

Re: Warning error

What that means is you, did not enter the correct information, or any at all, into the installation window. If I don't enter any information on the install page, I get those same error messages when when I click the "Proceed to next step" button. There should be a set of instructions that details what to enter.

Generally, you first create the required data base. Then you enter the information in the installation page. Then, as you go through the installation process, the scripts should take care of populating the data base. I say "generally" because, I have installed applications that require data bases on other web hosts, but not Bravenet. Maybe someone who is familiar with Bravenet's data bases will come along and help. To start you might want to check out this link to Bravenet WIKI Category: Database.

Important Note: Until you figure out the data base creation process, change the permissions on the "install/index.php" page. It is common, during installation, for the install pages to have wide open permissions. This will allow anyone and everyone to access your install page. Yes, I can get to your install page myself. This security hole is usually closed when the install is complete.

Browser: Firefox, Netscape, Sea Monkey, Internet Explorer, .....

Thanks for the info I am having another problem I try to upload a picture to show up on the site but it will show up in the file but not on thee website what do you think that is causing this problem?

It is probably because you have made some kind of error.

If you can give some more information, maybe you will get a better answer. What kind of picture? filename? filetype? size? origin? What kind of editor are you using? What host? What is the URL of the page where the picture is supposed to show up? Those questions will probably reveal the first half dozen reasons I could think of, but feel free to add more information in case it is something else.

Hey thanks guys for helping me out I did get intouch with the techs they did a good joob in helping me out.