This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
CSS Text note pad

I have been trying to change the css text for the web template I uploaded..it was free and usually I have no problems. For example instead of having say in the main code, all of the occurrences of "images/" is in the css form.

I tried to delete the word "images/" from the css form and save it but it still stays the same.

How do I get around this?

Anticipating an HTML savior!!!

Re: CSS Text note pad

The word "images" doesn't seem to be anywhere in your default.css. If that is what you meant? But if you have a trouble changing your css file, it should be either with editing, or with uploading the edited file. You should have some idea about which?

Re: CSS Text note pad

The original template CSS file did have relative references to "images/". That is because, in the original template, all of the images were in the "images" folder. Since the CSS file was sources from the HTML file, it had to specify the images like that. If you were using Notepad on the file, you should have been able to change it and then upload it to your web site.

But it looks like you have managed to change the CSS file and move all of the images into the same folder as your "index.html" file. Having everything in one folder is nice, until you start getting a lot of images and other files. Then it's much cleaner to store them away in sub-folders. FTP can handle transferring multiple file transfers and entire folders.

If you want a better text based editor than Notepad, you might want to download a copy of HTML-Kit. Their 292 version is free and handles HTML, CSS, Javascript, XML, etc.. Their registered version ($$) has some nice features, but I really don't need them. I use it for all my web work.

Browser: Firefox, Netscape, Sea Monkey, Internet Explorer, .....