This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Editing

Ok. So, I created this website for a friend. I just created the skeleton and layout; he'll be taking it over and adding his own stuff. I created it entirely with code (HTML, CSS, JS). He knows nothing about web code and would like me to fix the site so that he can simply go in and "visually" do what he wants without any coding such as adding pictures, changing text and fonts, etc (basically drag and drop). The problem I face is that I don't know of any hoster would be able to mesh my code with their applications to allow him to do editing in a simple manner. Does Bravenet have anything like this that would help? Thanks! :)

Browser: all

Re: Editing

As long as he doesn't create new pages then Bravenet provides a real time wysiwy editor but if he makes a mistake then the live site is screwed.

Any standard editor such as NVU will allow him to work in much the same way as he would with a word processor without impacting existing elements such as stylesheets. That would force him to explicitly upload canged files but it also gives him the option to review the changes before they go live.