This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Problem coding a form

I've been through everything, and can't quite get it right. I have a form to gather information - www.renttexashillcountry.bravehost.com/submission/index.html - and don't want the action to be "mailto:". According to the tutorial:

"The hosted script uses a script stored on someone else's webserver, processes the form data on the other server and then emails you the results. Bravenet provides hosted form processing scripts to all members. The code that we provide already has the correct action defined for you.

The example below shows a sample of Bravenets Hosted Script complete with the full url and name of the form processing script. The pub number in your code will depend on what pub number is assigned to your member account:

I know the "pub" number for my account, but can't find the 10-digit usernum, even when opening a couple of the web tools. Can someone help me get this coded properly?

Also, I need to be able to let my customers upload pics and submit them with the form. I tried a couple of ways, but just wouldn't work. Need some help with this, too, if possible.

Thanks!

Everyone have a great night!

Andy

Browser: IE

Re: Problem coding a form

Andy,

All the information you need is in the E-Mail Forms service area. When you are in the E-Mail Forms service area, click on the link that says "copy-paste code". In the screen that displays, click on the "Code" tab. This should display the code for a "Blank" form.

You will need the top three lines in your code. The first one is the "form" tag, which is followed by two hidden input fields. The first hidden input field contains your User ID number. This is used by the form processor to authenticate your access. The other hidden input field, "cpv", must be set to "2".

And, as the fourth line says "DO NOT CHANGE OR REMOVE THE 3 TAGS ABOVE THIS COMMENT". If you do, the form may not process correctly.

Browser: Firefox, Netscape, Sea Monkey, Internet Explorer, .....

Hey, Philo!

That worked - appreciate the info. A couple of more questions:

Is there a way to have the confirmation page show my header, etc, or will that be available to me to correct once I upgrade the hosting? In conjunction with this, will the email then go to the new venture email, rather than my current one in bravenet? Shows my other business when the confirmation page appears.

Finally, can you help me in coding "spots" in the submission form for my customers to upload up to 7 pics of their property?

Thanks for your help!

Andy

Browser: IE

Once you upgrade you can drop the Bravenet confirmation page and use your own custom acknowledgement instead.

Will this allow us to change colors of the headers or is there another place to do this?