This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
to post a .cdr image to my website

hi..im a fresher to webdesigning.and i have some logo design works to blog in my webpage.and these works are .cdr images.i didnt know how to link these images to the html link.if you have any information regarding this plz inform me..thankyou

Browser: mozilla

Re: to post a .cdr image to my website

Linking to any file on a web page or blog is pretty simple. The format is the same for linking any file. The example below show the HTML structure for a link. If the file is not directly usable on a web page, the visitors browser will usually prompt them to save it, or open it up with a specific application. Users can map specific file types to specific applications, so that opening is automatic.

Code:
<a href="www.mywebsite.com/myfile.cdr">Click to download myfile.cdr</a>

The exact way you implement a link, depends on the editor you might be using.

You didn't mention how the files were created, but, ".cdr" files are normally related to applications like CDraw4 , CorelDRAW.Graphic.8-11. I believe that Mac users can also generate ".cdr" files, but these are CDRom image files. So visitors will need to know exactly what the file is, and which application it is intended for. If you are only targeting visitors with the same software that you have, there shouldn't be a problem.

But many users without that software may still be interested in your work. I would recommend converting it to a more displayable format (gif, jpg, etc..) for display on the web.

Note, if you are dealing with a free web site, you might have an issue with ".cdr" files. Even though it may not be very big, free web sites only allow specific file types. ".cdr" files are not among the allowed file types.

Browser: Firefox, Netscape, Sea Monkey, Internet Explorer, .....

Re: to post a .cdr image to my website

This is not a big problem because if you want to create a link of a image we need to try it. you take hyperlink e.g. "a" and take img tag between starting anchor and closing anchor.
Øreringe