This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Changing title and keywords in source code

How do I go about changing title and keywords for my bravenet hosted website?

Browser: Firefox

Re: Changing title and keywords in source code

Well, I would open the index.html file in FrontPage, switch to HTML mode and make the appropriate changes,save, then connect to my host using Core FTP and overwrite the existing file with the corrected file, then open my site, refresh, and make sure the corrections were applied.
But thats just me. You may use a completely different method, depending on lots of variables that you chose not to share with us...BTW I like your barge.

Thanks MacMC
I'm fairly new with html and not sure what you mean by host FTP in this case. I have various websites I have built in Publisher and NVu and I use FTP to upload reports and articles to them. I change their source codes as needed for things like title and keywords but not sure where FTP is relevant here (in Bravenet)?

FTP is relevant because you use it to upload files to your site. (If you have other sites and use ftp, you probably meant to ask something else completely, but I cannot figure out what.)

Or, wait! Did you think that using the file manager for upload is mandatory? It isn't.

Thanks both of you. I have now made the changes in 'code', as it is called on the Bravenet site. I then saved the cahnges and published the site and it worked ok. Thanks again macmc and corwing for taking the time

Hello again macmc
I forgot to thank you for your comment about our barge. We love her too, currently living on her till she sells. Much sadness then!

She does look a beauty, I haven't been up that part of the coast for years.

Making changes in the on-line editor isn't the best approach as that puts what is on the web out of sync with the original on your PC. The original html files can always be opened in Notepad (assuming you are using a Windows PC) and edited there.

Hi Peter, thanks for your comments and appreciation of our barge. 2% commission for you (or anyone reading this post) if you find a buyer at the price on the site.Just email the name and address of the person you introduce and I will send you a cheque when the money goes through.

Also thanks for the comment on method of update. I'll keep an eye on that to spot any potential probs.
Greg