This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Coding my background

I have a webtemplate i made with photoshop and i was wondering how to code it because i want the text i type to go into the pink part of the page..here is a link to the image i have.

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g269/Babyblueeyes2482/webtemplate.gif

Browser: firefox

Re: Coding my background

Do you have a template, and is that a picture of a template? Or do you just have a picture?

Re: Coding my background

You don't really have a template yet. So far all you have is a image. To make it a template you need to include it in a HTML document. But it's a little more complicated than that.

Try this example. I took one of the layouts from DynamicDrive.com to use as a template. Then I took your image and chopped it into five pieces. I used IrfanView to chop up the image, but you should be able to use PhotoShop. I then adjusted the widths and heights in the style sheet to match the image pieces.

All of the image pieces, except for the top piece, are used as backgrounds. The top piece is added to the "topsection" as a image and then matched with a image map to activate the links. Only the "index.html" exists, but it's a simply matter to copy the "index.html" page and create other pages. All the pages will use the same CSS file.

If you like, you can download this ZIP File. It contains the HTML file, the CSS file, and all of the image slices. You should be able to edit it from most web page editors. This will give you an idea of what's necessary to create a web site template from a image.

My web host has been having issues all day today, so the links may not work right away.

Browser: Firefox, Netscape, Sea Monkey, Internet Explorer, .....