This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
browser issue...I THINK? My site looks different on my MAC!!!

I have had my site up for awhile. I published it using a PC (Internet explorer). I have always done edits and viewing with a PC and the site looked perfect. Today I used my Apple (safari browser) to view the site and it looks a bit off. I don't have a PC to check the issue. When you view the site, the entire image which is my webpage is suppose to fit neatly and perfectly in the border that came with that template. The css coding looks like the border is now smaller than my image (webpage) or is this just an apple issue?

Browser: safari

Re: browser issue...I THINK? My site looks different on my MAC!!!

No, your problem has nothing to do with computer being an Apple. It shows a similar problem on a PC using Firefox. The problem is in your coding.

Your style sheet doesn't set the height of the bordered area. You set that with a in-line style in the HTML coding.

Code:
<div class="main" style="width: 607px; <span style="font-weight:bold;">height: 470px</span>;">

The height of image is 576 pixels in height, but you set the height of your main "div" to 470 pixels. Internet Explorer simply ignores your setting and stretches the bordered area to fit your image. But Firefox, and obviously Safari, pay attention to your setting. The fix is simple. Increase the height to match the image correctly.

Code:
<div class="main" style="width: 607px; <span style="font-weight:bold;">height: 576px</span>;">

Browser: Firefox, Netscape, Sea Monkey, Internet Explorer, .....

Re: browser issue...I THINK? My site looks different on my MAC!!!

thank u soooooo much!!!!!!!!

Browser: safari