This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Confused

Ok

I want to add just this football/soccer table to my website from 1) Sunderland to 14) Darwen
URL of site: http://www.footballsite.co.uk/Statistics/LeagueTables/Season1891-92/FL1891-92Full.htm

I know you can use:

Place info in here
Bottom

But when i do that all the table comes out jumbled up.

Any ideas?

Re: Confused

Confused? Me too. The table you refered to isn't jumbled in any way. What is it you need to to that will jumble it?

I can't see a problem either. Maybe you sorted it or maybe it is something weird about your PC or browser.

From a very brief look at the code I couldn't see anything that could cause a problem.

Browser: Firefox 3.0.5

Just occurred to me:
Maybe it is not your table, and you think the way to copy it is to use the pre tag, and place content with the space key. Well, if so, you are wrong. Check the source code of the page to see how it is done.

Hi

Yeap i did use the pre tags before and after the table. I have looked at the View Source and see the HTML Code...also along the left hand side of the Source Code there is a number. For me to use this code...well copy and paste it into my website i need to identify what number line i need to copy from which i assume is Line number 84 and the the end of the table is Line number 499.....hope i am correct?

The numbers are an artifact of the program you are using to view the code. They normally don't show on my system, and when I selected a program with numbered lines, the numbers where different.

But the key tags to look for are <table> and </table> which mark the beginning and end of the table.

It might be a good idea to study a tutorial to learn how it works.

As someone will most likely point out, it would be polite to ask before copying.