This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Play but not display

Here's what I am doing I'm revamping a "jukebox" site. I was not happy with the way it was behaving. I was using an anchor link to the mp3 to be played. This would cause it to download then play. What I wanted to do was just have the ting play once and if you wanted it again you would have to reactivated the link

What I decided to do was embed the mp3's each in it's own page with loop='false" and the mp3 as the emmbed sre. Now what that does is bring up the page, wihci is otherwise blank.

What I would like is to play the page without displaying it or find another way to just link to the mp3 and not have it download before playing whichever is simpler

Browser: FireFox 3.5

Re: Play but not display

I'm not sure I understood exactly the whats and whys of that. If you want the mp3 to play without first downloading, I'd say your biggest challenge is to equip all visitors with the right kind of internet connection, so that they can download fast enough.

I have no clue about how to do that, so I concentrate on the "play the page without displaying it" part. If I understood correctly, the problem with the way you first tried to do things, is that we click on your link, and are taken to a blank page with no content except for the embedded file. A primitive but simple solution might be to make 5, 10 or 50 copies of the original menu page, then you just need to edit each one to include different embedded soundfiles. To the visitors it would appear they were on the same page all the time.