This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
stop e-mail spam

The past several days, I have been getting spammed to death to my main website email address, not the one I typed above. I have a flash button that opens your email using the mailto code. Is there something I can add to the code to avoid the spammers? Also have an email order form as well and not sure if that's attracting spammers too. Hope someone can help me out. Thanks in advance

Re: stop e-mail spam

If you have a link to e-mail you with the mail to codeing or a text area linked with your e-mail address you are open to SPAM

Would have used a contact us form from bravenet instead and could of at least used the code like below

Having a link on your site leaves you open to spam and more.

Even with all the ways of coding and other things still get spam

That time of year too when a lot of spam starts to come

Thanks..when it says the code like below, I don't see anything..anyway..I just click the junk button in Thunderbird for the spam if it doesn't head straight to the trash when checking my email. I have had this site for 5 years and this is the 1st time to get spammed so much.those *******s!

There seems to be a new spam network around. The amount of spam that I have seen in my quarentine folder at work has increased ten-fold in the last three or four days.

I am afraid that once your address has got "into the wild" then you are stuffed. I have shut down one email address entirely over the years, use very tight filters on the others, and have a special "secret squirrel" address that only gets given to very close friends and family.