This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Code for...

Hey guys is it possible (i have seen before) on a website when u clicked a link instead of it changing the webpage and reloading it used a code where it just changed what the website body said so that way u dont need to make a bunch of webpages and they dont need to reload pages.. Can some1 link me to a tutorial or something?

Re: Code for...

First let me say that "frames" and "iframes" should not be used on free Bravenet web sites. This only causes extra banners in all the frames and generally renders the site useless. Some web hosts allow you to suppress the banners for frames based sites, but Bravenet is not one of them.

That sounds like your talking about "frames". With "frames" you define a "frame set" and each frame in the structure displays a separate HTML document. It's common to have, for example, a "header" frame, a "navigation" frame, and a "main content" frame. Clicking on a link in the "navigation" frame might only change the display in the "main content" frame. The other frames do not change.

But that doesn't eliminate the need to manage a lot of files. Each frame contains a complete HTML document. In fact, it often means keeping track of more HTML documents. It also makes it difficult for a visitor to print a page.

Try this link to W3Schools - HTML Frames. It has a brief introduction and some examples.

There is also the "iframe", or Inline Frame. You can create a "iframe" structure with a ID, within your HTML document, and use Javascript or PHP to dynamically write to the "iframe" structure.

You can even use Javascript and dynamically write to a "div" structure. This method could be used on a free Bravenet web site. But it takes more work than you might be ready for.

In the end, "frames" and "iframes" are fun to play with but requires much more work than simply creating pages from a template.

Browser: Firefox, Netscape, Sea Monkey, Internet Explorer, .....

Re: Code for...

You can try javascript for rollover,instead of mouse over use on click then use your anchor tag. This method will alow you to put the other page or content where ever you want without changing the rest of the page. make sure you preload so the transition is smooth.