This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Dont Pay for PRO site search if you want an AD FREE Service.

I am disapointed with the fact that despite the fact I paid for an ad free service bravenet.com still displays in the top left of the tool bar as know as the page title so techncally they are stil advertising their services. I cant change this.

Also I cant use iframes so you cant embed your search page into your website to prevent the page title or url from being displayed so again they are advertising themselves.

Finally after editing the look and feel of your search page, I discovered that it doesnt change the copy and paste code for the small search box to match my site and I had to do it myself.

I am not to happy with all this at all as now my site doesnt look very professional. I am a webdesigner who used this service to cut down on design time for a huge project. Well I have learnt my lesson! Now I just look like an novice adding a free tool. Bit crap really.

If you are creating a fun personal site then its great and if you are running a small business its fine but unless you need more than 50 pages dont pay for the PRO service because it really isnt that much different from the free one and it is NOT AD FREE!

Re: Dont Pay for PRO site search if you want an AD FREE Service.

Lanna, I cannot figure out what you are saying. Could be it is just me being confused, but I'm betting it is you.

"as know as the page title" doesn't mean anything unless my English teacher failed miserably. But if you are talking about the title, the title is whatever you want it to be. Needs editing, though.

Re: Dont Pay for PRO site search if you want an AD FREE Service.

Without a link to your site it is difficult to be sure.

If you are using the term "title" correctly then, as Corwings has said, it is under your control. Bravenet put their own name their as a reminder for your to change it. If you don't bother then that isn't Bravenet's fault.