This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
trying to get the guestbook set up right

I am trying to do two things. First, I would like my image to come up on our website so those that view it can click on it and be directed to my page for comments, etc. and to sign the guest book rather than have the guestbook on our website - which, if I understand this right, goes to your page on Bravenet. I cannot get the image to appear on the page we want it to. It does not come up.

The guestbook does not come up on my website nor does the image for them to click on. I get the words "View my Guestbook" (which I think is suppose to be the image for them to click on) and when I click on the words - it does take you to the guestbook.

I am not computer savvey. I pulled up the tutorials and figured out it has something to do with HTML. It gives you examples of how yours should look like to come up on your website but it doesn't make any sense to me - I just cannot figure it out.

Can anyone help me with this?

Re: trying to get the guestbook set up right

Well what version of the guestbook do you want

the Embedded version that WILL SHOW UP ON YOUR WEBPAGE

depending on where you place the code for the service

You can use the embedded version and place it on a page for your guestbook alone

If you don't want the embedded version then just make a text link for it or use the non-embedded version

You have to decide what you want.

Yes YOU DO NEED TO KNOW html somewhat with designing your site and more

I would like an image on my web page with the words "Sign Guestbook". They click on the image and it takes them to another page with the the guestbook sign in. So if I want the image on my webpage, do I choose embedded?

You have a choice between embedded which AUTOMATICALLY shows on your page there is NO SIGN my guestbook buttons with it

The non-embedded version shows the code with a view my guestbook link so when people click on that they are taken to your guestbook then they hit the post button to post to your guestbook

If you want a Sign my guestbook image then YOU need to make one if you are graphically talented and on it put text that says Sign My guestbook then link that image to your guestbook link

which is pubxx.bravenet.com/guestbook/xxxxxxxx

with the xx next to the pub being whatever number correspods to your guestbook and the xxxxx at end is your usernumber for your guestbook

So make the image place it on your page and link it like do any other links you have on your webpage

You wouldn't need to get any of the codes unless you wanted to do the first two steps above

You need to really decide what way you want for your guestbook service and go with it

Thank you so much. I will give this a try.