This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Problems with my head tags

Hi. My head tags are highlighted yellow for some resaon, and if I click on them I am given the message 'Marked as invalid because it doesn't belong inside the tag it's in'.
This is how the page starts:

FRONT PAGE, Entropia Star

My question is, how should the head-tags be redone, or what is it that is wrong?

Browser: Mozilla Firefox

Re: Problems with my head tags

You forgot to post your URL.

Give us a link so that we can view the actual source code. I can't tell from the page source on your post what is your code and what has been inserted by Bravenet in composing the post.

Thanks for the replies... I don't have a URL as the page I am working on is offline - on my local machine.
I did cut'n'paste the html, and it was showing when I previewed the post, so don't know why it isn't showing... Isn't there a simple way of showing the code in a post?

Browser: Mozilla Firefox

From the code you posted, it looks like you are missing a "html" tag after the DOCTYPE tag. The "head" structure should be contained within the "html" structure. I also see a partial DOCTYPE tag at the beginning. Your code should look similar to the following structure. Note that the first tag after the DOCTYPE tag is a "html" tag and the last one terminates the "html" structure.

If that doesn't fix your problem, then you will need to provide us with a view of your code from the internet. This forum often modifies/removes code when it's not posted correctly, so we may not be seeing all of it.

Code:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">
<html>
<head>
<meta ="content-type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
<meta name="description" content="_your description goes here_" />
<meta name="keywords" content="_your,keywords,goes,here_" />
<meta name="author" content="Original design: Andreas Viklund - http://andreasviklund.com/" />
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="andreas01.css" media="screen" title="andreas01 (screen)">
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="print.css" media="print">
<title>FRONT PAGE, Entropia Star</title>
</head>
<body>

</body>
</html>

As for posting code, there is instructions on how to use "bb code" just above the message window, when you post. It's a little clumsy to use, but as you can see, it does work.

Browser: philokvetch.bravehost.com

Thanks Philo Kvetch - it worked! Fantastic. I knew there was something wrong because of where the first body-tag was placed, which was put there automatically by my editor. Obviously some conflict happened when I added the CSS elements (which I simply cut'n'pasted based on instructions given to me by the person who did the CSS)... But at least all is OK now...

Browser: Firefox