This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
problem with javascript behaviors

Please help.

I am doing a catalog site foe a class project that includes JavaScript behaviors. The behavior I am having trouble with is the grow/shrink behavior. The URL for my site is http://springhillnursery.bravehost.com/Flowers.html I designed the page in Dreamweaver CS4. The images should enlarge when the user clicks on the image. When I open the page from my computer in the Firefox browser the behaviors work fine, but when I uploaded the file to Bravenet, they no longer work. Can anyone look at this and tell me why the behavior is not working?

Browser: Firefox3, IE7

Re: problem with javascript behaviors

You web page is looking for a Javascript program at "SpryAssets/SpryEffects.js". But if I try to access it, I get a "File Not Found" error. You need to upload all required files with the same file/folder structure that is on your computer.

Since you are using Firefox, you might want to explore using the "Tools --> Error Console". This will give you a indication of any page errors.

By the way, forcing visitors to dismiss a popup alert message is annoying. It's going to pop up every time someone returns to your home page. There is no real need for it and drives away visitors. Since you using Javascript, there are much more elegent ways to get the point across.

Browser: philokvetch.bravehost.com

Re: problem with javascript behaviors

Thanks for your timely reply but I do not understand. The code is embedded in the head of the file so shouldn't it work? All the files I have so far for this page have been uploaded to Bravenet. I'm not very familiar with the spry behaviors, so don't really know how to fix a problem there. Can you maybe suggest a different JavaScript code to get this same effect? Since this site is to be a simulated store front I do not want a lot of pop-ups for every image that is on the site, but one of the assignment requirements is to display thumbnails full size, so I thought this would be more interesting than a pop-up box. The professor suggested we use the behaviors found in Dreamweaver.

As for the pop-ups... I understand exactly what you are saying... I hate those little bad boys myself, but this is strictly a class project for college and a learning process... thus the annoying pop-ups.

Browser: Firefox3, IE7