This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
HTML coding problems

Recently I have experienced a problem with my website not displaying and I don't know what the problem is, or what I may have done with Microsoft Expressions to have caused it.

Bravenet says: It appears that there is code in your website that you are using to attempt to load a URL, the URL you are attempting to load is invalid or does not exist.

Any ideas or advice on what I can do to correct it? Thanks

Re: HTML coding problems

At first I thought it was a simple matter of removing the extra nonsense in the body tag. But there appears to be multiple issues. For one thing, the background image you seem to want is located at
C:/Users/Vern Beachy/Desktop/
Kind of inconvenient for the rest of us.

Copying and pasting code can be fine, provided you understand at least some of it. Where a sample code says /*url*/ my guess is that you should have inserted the URL. (I am guessing, I didn't spend that much time, so it is possible you have a script somewhere replacing that variable with the real thing.)

Your code says somewhere that the table should be "3008% wide". I don't know what you thought you were doing, but it explains why I had to move 8 screens to the right in order to find your content.

Best suggestion: Don't try to fix. Start over, keeping it simpler.

Re: HTML coding problems

okay.. I sent an E-mail out with HTML banners and it didn't show up in my preview e-mail that was sent to me.. is that normal or might i have done something wrong

Browser: Apple Safari