This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
since installing Bravenet forum nothing displays

I added code to a page to get a forum embedded on that page. As soon as I did my website would not display in Firefox and now won't even display in IE!
I have taken the code out, and even disabled the page but no luck so far. I no longer have any Bravenet code on my website but it still says -

Not Acceptable
An appropriate representation of the requested resource / could not be found on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an Error Document to handle the request.

Anyone know how I can get my website back? I regret trying Bravenet for anything.
here is my website - http://askauntiejane.com

Browser: Firefox & IE

Re: since installing Bravenet forum nothing displays

I see your site AND your forum on the forum link on your page

but also picked up a virus from the forum so trying to clean it now.

So if anyone else takes a look

I have IE as well

Hi, Can you tell me something of that virus???? I had NO idea something would be there??? I have since taken all Bravenet codes OUT of my website, including a guestbook page and the forums page. I am presently trying to be able to even VIEW my own website, but not yet.
Thanks for the reply.

Browser: IE and Firtefox

There are some times viruses in the ads tool bar with the service

Especially if have the free service

As for you not seeing your site could be something that you have on your pc blocking you from seeing your site

But I see your Ask Auntie Jane site

So don't know if some security software you have or what could be blocking you from seeing your site

Virus's in the advertisements may have been a issue years ago, but I haven't seen something like that in years. Service providers have gotten pretty savvy on the methods that malicious advertisers use. If you have the usual basic protections on your PC, like virus scanners, popup blockers, ad blockers, etc., the most they usually do these days is annoy you. Personally, I have never seen a malicious advertisement on Bravenet, and I have visited thousands of paid/free sites to answer questions. I often have to download their site contents, and have still never encountered anything that I could categorize as a virus.

I viewed your site when you first posted. I was on travel at the time, so I wasn't able to look at it and answer. It wasn't displaying all the way, but there wasn't any virus associated with it. Initially, all I could see was the header, that now appears above the menu.

Right now, I have no problem seeing you web site using Firefox or Internet Explorer. I even tried with an old copy of Netscape, and it displayed just fine. There are a couple of minor errors in the code, but nothing to stop it from displaying properly.

Are you still having problems seeing your site? What exactly are you not seeing?

Browser: Firefox, Netscape, Sea Monkey, Internet Explorer, .....

I guess I was not being clear on HOW I added the Bravenet code. So I believe people are seeing the web PAGE but maybe not the actual forum, or be able to post on it.

I designed the page first ... then I inserted a centered Table into the page ... and into that Table I pasted the Bravenet code, so the actual forum should be INSIDE that Table.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP, I NOW HAVE THE FORUM AND GUESTBOOK WORKING.

Thanks

Browser: IE and Firtefox