This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Forum code - can't get for second one just added

I just don't get it.

I have had one message board/forum going for awhile and I just added a second. I go to "get code" but it just copies the code from my original forum, not the new one.

There is no way to specifically choose which one you want, and no forum "id" number showing in the "manager" section that I could just use to manually edit the embed code to make it work for the new forum. I haven't received an email with this info either.

Stumped.

Re: Forum code - can't get for second one just added

YOU ONLY GET 1 FORUM per bravenet account

SO YES the code is going to be the same if you take the code for the service in your account and place it on another site in your account

SO YOU Have to SIGN UP for ANOTHER BRAVENET account to have a different forum

OR if you have paid hosting you can look at other forums out there like phpbb, proboards, invisionfree
SMF

Just to name a few

But say I have 5 domains under one account and I want a forum on all 5 sites well if I signed up for the forum service on that account then placed that code on all 5 sites in that account it would be the SAME forum. It wouldn't be a seperate one.

If I wanted that I would have to sign up for 4 more bravenet accounts to get a seperate forum for my other sites

Re: Forum code - can't get for second one just added

Hi Candy

Thanks for the reply.

I guess what I am asking is why are we allowed 3 "forums" under one account then ?

I received an email update from Bravenet that had this: "New Message Forum Service!
Now better then ever! Multiple Forums & Categories, Embeddable, Avatars & Much More! Check it out »"

When I logged in I saw I could create several "categories" and up to 3 Forums, so I added one - But - the embed code is the same as the original one and they appear together now on one page.

I guess this feature is only useful for adding different subjects under the same main discussion heading, and I need a new account to do a completely different forum.

Angela