This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Sorry, I guess I did not get that - AR form coding

I can build simple websites, and splashpages which I am happy with. I can build/use forms.

But I Don't Know the html to have people submit their information and then They be Sent to a particular URL And me receiving their information at my email address or into my AR. Please, I know it is fairly simple, but please help.

If I want to send people to

www.abc.com

and have their info. sent to an email

rls@xyz.com

or to an AR

rlsar@xyz.com

What would the code look like?

ty...

Browser: ie

Re: Sorry, I guess I did not get that - AR form coding

I responded to your request a week ago, but apparently it didn't answer the question, or I didn't understand the question. Maybe I still don't. So I will try again. First, what does AR stand for? Auto Responder? I can find at least 200 meanings for AR.

As I said before, forms do not do anything on their own. They only contain instructions, in the form of "input" fields, that can be decoded and acted upon by a processing script. So I ask again, what are you using to process your forms? Or, what service are you using to process your forms? Possibly, if you included a link to the form you trying to work with, we could provide more information.

Browser: Firefox, Netscape, Sea Monkey, Internet Explorer, .....

Re: Sorry, I guess I did not get that - AR form coding

You either need to use a third party form processing service such as Bravenet's or if your hosting plan includes PHP support there are many free form processing scripts around.

Most come with instructions although a decent amount of background knowledge is normally assumed.

You will need to first determine what features you need.
1. Do you need to include attachements?
2. Do you need to send to more than one address?
3. Do you want to send to a mailbox at your domain or to a Yahoo mailbox?

These are all issues which will affect your choice of service. For example I use both a PHP script on my own site and Bravenet.

I can include attachments with my own site as part of the standard hosting contract but they will only send to mailboxes at domains registered to my account.
On the other hand the Bravenet free service is far more limited but allows me to carboncopy to other addresses.

I have 7 different forms across three sites with different requirements. I haven't found a single solution that will fit all the requirements at a sensible price.