This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
AR form coding

I can build simple websites, which I am happy with. I can build/use forms.

But I Don't Know the html to have people submit their information and then They be Sent to a particular URL And me receiving their information at my email address or into my AR. Please, I know it is fairly simple, but please help.

ty...russell

Browser: ie

Re: AR form coding

Forms do not do much of anything on their own. I use forms a lot because it's easy to read/write data to a form from Javascript. But when your talking e-mail forms, much of what a form can do is dependent on what you are using to process the form. Many web hosts provide a e-mail form service, and users with paid hosting can install a PHP form processor to manage their forms. It would be good to know what you are using to process your forms?

I will use Bravenet's E-Mail Form services as an example. You can include a "hidden" input field named "thankyou" to send your visitor to a particular URL, after they submit the form. The rest of your form will then be processed and the content of the fields sent to the e-mail address you used to register with Bravenet.

Code:
<INPUT type="hidden" name="thankyou" value="http://domain.com/newthankyoupage.html">

If there were other addresses that you wanted the processed form data to go to, in addition to your registered address, you could use the following "hidden" field.

Code:
<INPUT type="hidden" name="carboncopy" value="other@email.com,another@email.com">

Many users attempt to use a "mailto:" reference in the "action" parameter of the form tag. While this will work on a visitors PC if the have a e-mail client installed, it will be unusable by 80 percent of your site visitors. And, even on PCs where it does work, none of the special "hidden" fields will work. That takes a form processor.

Browser: Firefox, Netscape, Sea Monkey, Internet Explorer, .....