This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Getting my links to open not in another page

Im trying so hard to figure out what i need to do in order to get my links on the top of my page (Im using a free layout from another website) to open on the main text area on my layout instead of opening a whole new page and me loosing my layouts graphic. I have the css code inside of my other pages ive made so the colors show up, but its in another page altogether. Please help! Hope I explained this alright.

Browser: firefox

Re: Getting my links to open not in another page

At the moment I just see Bravenet ads on an otherwise blank page.

Links will always open in the same window by default. You have to give the link a "target" attribute to open in a new window.

Whatever editor you are using should have a field for "target" when you use its link creating function. Just leave it blank.

all I see is a blank page too

hopefully you are NOT trying to use frames they are NOT SUPPORTED with free subdomain/free hosting

plus with frames you would have a bravenet banner and more in each and every frame so would advise against frames

if you go to the link below this post, you should be able to see what im working with. Thanks for the advice. I keep using the code "target=_home". But its not working.

You say you keep using the code target=_home
But looking at your source code, I do not find it at all. Not on the site you now say is your site, and not at the site you told us was your site last time you posted.

Could be you have changed things since you posted.

Could also be you are very confused. In the latter case, it is important that you tell us exactly what you are thinking. If we don't know what is
going on in your head, we cannot tell you where you are wrong.

For instance, it struck me that maybe when you say "I use the code target=_home", you are really trying to say "I'm trying to link to a page called home.html", and guess from the earlier messages that this is the way to say it.

contact me personally, I can help you get through this, but it is more complicated than the forum will allow in a short period of time.

either use my email, or come to my site directly I will help you with this and we can post the results here later.

Browser: FireFox