This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Can't get guestbook to work with Microsoft office live

I copied the code into my html module and it doesn't work. just comes up and says website cannot be viewed. i followed the instructions for microsoft office live but my code from bravenet looks alot different they what they say I should have.
I followed these instructions.

http://solutionsforofficelive.com/bravenetservices.aspx

my bravenet code doesn't have the "pub" in it and is much longer.

Any help?

Re: Can't get guestbook to work with Microsoft office live

The code you posted on your site has pub in it, and takes us to your guest book. I guess you fixed it while waiting for an answer?

Since I wasn't receiving any answers I decided to use the link to code. What I really wanted was to have it embedded in my site but that link or "code" didn't work.

Seems the office live instructions are for making your guestbook embedded on your site before Bravenet forums became embeddable.

So you should either click the "Get Code to Embed" link, and simply paste that code into your "HTML module", or click the "Get Code to Link" link and follow the instructions.

Try again on a new page, and tell us where, so we can check for mistakes. Of course, one might be suspicious of a site that tells you how to embed "a guesbook, ect." but at a quick glance, I didn't see any other obvious mistakes.

i did as you said...see "test page". Nothing shows up after inserting in a html module.

I see it in Opera. The first message is from Meredith in Carmel. Problem is, it is displayed in an area that is about 10 pixels high. You may be able to find it by holding down the left button and drag your mouse over the content area. Not readable in Explorer, so perhaps it is even smaller there.