This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Is it possible to make a jpg a background using Website Wizard? Please!!

If so, how do you do it? What is the html code?

Re: Is it possible to make a jpg a background using Website Wizard? Please!!

I don't use the wizard, however if you are interested, I can tell you how to put it in manually once you have saved your index page.

Browser: FireFox nightmare1158@hotmail.com = msn and just nightmare1158 =yahoo and skype

I think it is not possible using wizard.
You can do it if you are using file manager to upload files.

It is possible to add a background to a Wizard creation, without using any editors outside of the Wizard. However, attempting to use editors outside the Wizard, on the files that the Wizard creates, is a poor idea. It almost always results in a disaster.

You also may not care for the results. On a Wizard Layout, for example, each content area has a color defined that overlays the overall background. So if you added a overall body background, the content areas will be covering up most of it. An example of a Wizard creation with a simple background can be seen at philokvetch.bravehost.com.

To make the background play through the content areas, you have to figure out how to make the content areas transparent, or add the background to each of the areas. Adding the background to each area can cause a ugly patchwork of background images. But making the content areas transparent can also be pretty odd looking. On that same site linked above, try going to "Page 3". You have to go to one of the other pages, before you can see a link to "Page 3". Our you can just go directly to "Page 3" with this link - philokvetch.bravehost.com/page3.html. On that page the header and main content areas are declared transparent.

All of this is done from within the Wizard, which means that all of it survives the Wizard publishing efforts, without deleting the modifications.