This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
It would SEEM to be so simple, but...

Some days, I wonder whether being a free-of-charge amateur webmaster is even worth it (ha).

I want to link the 'Disclaimer' button on the horizontal nav bar to the disclaimer at the bottom of the same page.

I have looked at 300 zillion websites about now, trying to teach myself how to do this, and not one attempt to duplicate what I am seeing has been successful!

I am getting everything from the page simply reloading to jumping a little bit and then resettling, as if in confusion, to absolutely nada.

My boss's boss is on my butt (he is also responsible for the incorrect grammar and word usage in the disclaimer, but he simply MUST have his kingly way no matter how retarded it makes us look ), and man, am I ever looking forward to the weekend.

Oops, sorry! Had to get it off my chest, there.

Thank you in advance for your help!

jam

Re: It would SEEM to be so simple, but...

you need to put a label on the place where you want the link to go to.

Disclaimer

You have the D in upper case in the link so it must be upper case in the label as well.

Re: It would SEEM to be so simple, but...

It doesn't look like Peters answer showed up very well.

First you need to set up your target, like Peter was trying to show. On the page with the disclaimer, you need to place at named anchor in HTML, just before your disclaimer. The anchor might look something like the following.

Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER

We are Peoples Pharmacy located in Lakewood, Colorado. Yadada yadada yadada....

Then there is the link itself, which you already have set up correctly.

Disclaimer

Of course, that could be shortened to read like the following, if the named anchor target is on the same page.

Disclaimer