This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Home page *BLANK*! And the boss is waiting on me!!!

This morning I corrected some text and added a link button using the Bravenet Visual Editor.

I have already learned that I must replace the topmost portion of code in the Text Editor in order to make the page display correctly.

All I did was copy the code from the top of this page: http://peoplespharmacyonline.com/about.htm and paste it into the index page.

But now, even when I have done that, the index page still shows BLANK (even though the 'about' page shows with no problem ), and the boss is waiting for me to call him so he can see the 'fixed' index page!!!

Please HELP!!!

Thanks so much!!

jam

Some more info - thanks again!

I tried the HTML Checker at W3.org, and it doesn't say that anything is wrong that isn't wrong with the 'about' page (oops).

I just tried to paste the code for the entire index page into this message for quick reference, but it doesn't show correctly in the message preview, either!

Viewing the source on the blank page shows, of course the whole code.

Re: Home page *BLANK*! And the boss is waiting on me!!!

Your page shows nothing because that's what you told it to do. Take a close look at the very first line after your body tag. I have listed it below. This is the line that is the wrapper for you whole page. Note the attribute highlighted in blue. That attribute is telling your page that everything within the

should not display. Remove the attribute and your page will display.

display: none; z-index: 1; left: 0px; width: 538px; top: 0px; height: 728px;">

I looked at your page a little more and realized what the real problem was. The "display:none" attribute was in fact what was making your page invisible, but the Javascript for your Find script should have made everything visible again. I checked two of your other pages and they have effectively the same HTML code. But they both have a large Javascript section for your search. I took the entire search section from one of your other pages and pasted it into a copy of your front page. Everything looks good after that.

So, rather than removing that attribute, as I said previously, fix the search section.

Thank you once again, kind sir!