This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
How come my frame coding doesn't seem to work?

I used HTML coding and created a frame based web site. I've tested it before I upload it to bravenet(bravehost), and it works. But when I try to open the published web site (once I've uploaded to bravehost's file manager), it doesn't show anything. It's like, bravehost doesn't support frame based web site.

Can anyone tell me what's the problem here?

Re: How come my frame coding doesn't seem to work?

I don't see a frames based site at the URL you supplied. All I see is a site based on tables. But maybe that's not the site your talking about.

Support for frames is built into your web browser and doesn't really have anything to do with the web host. But, web hosts can add coding to your site that would prevent it from displaying correctly. This is particularly true on free web sites when the frames page does not include a ... section.

On free sites, the server attempts to key on the tag to insert the advertising banners. The banners are inserted as a complete HTML document, within your document. But a frames front end does not have, or need, a . All it has is a and structure. When the server encounters a HTML document without a , it simply inserts the advertising banners in front of the entire document. So instead of having a HTML document, within your document, which allows both of them to display, you have a complete HTML document in front of your document. When your browser encounters the tag at the end of the banner code, it stops interpreting the code and displaying.

Even if you had a ... section, you would see ad banners in each and every frame. This is because each frame is really a complete HTML page. As each one is requested, and ad banner is inserted. So, don't waste your time with frames on a free site.