This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
META Tags

I have added META tags to my site, but Google seems to only add part of the text on my site and not the description. How can I get Google to only use the text in the description?

Re: META Tags

You can't. Google will display whatever text is relevant to the search. The description is just one of several factors that determines the position of your site in any particular search.

So if I just put more words in the
"keywords" that are relevant to the Description, It'll help?? Thanks for the reply.

Re: Re: META Tags

The keywords are not used for Google search although I believe that they are used for targetting Adsense. However it is rumoured that "keyword stuffing" can have a negative effect.

Re: Re: Re: META Tags

At one time, Google used my exact description, but lately it's been using text from the site with either part or none of my description. Is there a way to get it to use the description only?

Re: Re: Re: Re: META Tags

If you want expert advice on Google then post on the Google boards at webmasterworld

will do. thanks.

looks like you hafta pay to subscribe there..bummer.

when visitors search for any keyword, google displays the text on your site where that keyword is present as description .