This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
changing pages

hi i have built my web site and lanched it .but. the buttons that are supposed to take you to other pages dont work .so if your on home and press queens it just flashes up home again or if you were on queens and press kittens it just flashes up queens again any body any ideas were i have gone wrong ..please make it simple thanks l

Re: changing pages

Well, it doesn't seem to be a menu. I'm not sure what you did wrong is the right question. What were you supposed to do right? Have you entered the URL of the actual pages into some script I'm too tired and lazy to notice?

On your Queens page, you rely a lot on subdirectories that do not exist on your site. Probably on the other pages too, I didn't check if subdirectories such as /KITTENS/ming%20tara%20litter%2005/ actually exist.

I wouldn't use spaces in your file names or funny characters as well

you see all the %20 in file names etc because you have put spaces in your file names

use an underscore or make things all one word etc with no spaces

If the buttons go only to homepage then you probably have not linked them properly to the page they need to go to and make sure the pages they are supposed to go to are published as well too

siamaiden,

Your buttons do not work because they are incomplete. There isn't anything in them that tells you what to transfer to. Web pages do not make guesses for linking. You have to be very specific.

Below is the code from your buttons. On their own submit buttons can not be used as links anywhere. A "submit" button is intended to work with the "action" attribute in the

tag. But your tag doesn't have a "action" attribute. Even if it did, all of the buttons would transfer to the same URL.

There are two ways of making your buttons work. One is to assign each one to a separate
. An example of two of your buttons configured to work properly is below.

The other way is to wrap each of the submit buttons in a link. In this case, the
tag is just used as a container for all of the submit buttons. Note how each link references a HTML page.