This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Body of page showing way down on IE

The body of my index page is showing way down when using Internet Explorer. I have seen before a code to correct this situation. Can anyone, please be so kind as to refres my mind with the code.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Jose

Re: Body of page showing way down on IE

Dear Jose,

Could you post a link to your web page here, so we could view the problem? I am wondering if you have made the page too wide. Also try making it with Template 11, (last row, second from far right) in the Custom Section. I ran into the same problem, which is why I am suggesting Template #11, which has the Navigation Bar on the Left. I suggest to not put anything in the far right boxes. Try also to view the web pages without using the "cached" page. Instead try viewing the page after publishing.

Sincerely,
Lilly

One more suggestion: when you view your page in the rich text editor, (NOT the HTML), try to move your graphics and information there as close to the upper left-hand side of the page. Click on it first and then when you see the four-way arrow symbol there, force it gently into that upper left side till it has move up as close as possible to the upper-left point. It looks about 1/8 of an inch still from the corner but that's as close as I've been able to get it. A little bit closer to that corner makes a huge difference in the way the final product shows.

Lilly

Dear Jose,

A very helpful and skilled web master, Mr. Philo Kvetch, shared with me on the "Web Design Forum" how to correct this and it does work great!
Here is what he said:

Philo Kvetch

Feb 19th, 2009 - 7:22 AM Re: Can I customize the custom templates?

The usual reason for content moving lower on the screen is, the content is too large for the defined area. This effect is only visible in Internet Explorer. Firefox adjusts to the size discrepancy and displays everything correctly.

The method of opening the content area width, changes slightly depending on which layout you choose. You had your navigation links at the top originally, and that's what I tested for. With the links on the left sidebar the added styles need to change slightly.

Below is the style overrides that you need for that particular layout. The first style makes the boxes on the right invisible. The second one extends the content area over the area where the boxes use to be. The last style extends the footer area to match the main content area.