This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
What have I done wrong?

I have registered the domain name. Registered with the search engines, thought I transferred all files with the ftp in bravenet. What is next still can't view this site errr code 404 appears whats that? Originally made the site in webgarden and moved the site I thought to bravenet but still not sure whats up? What have I missed? Pls Pls help with this am new at this. it says its at ns12.bravehost.com
Some one pls help

Re: What have I done wrong?

404 means that you are trying to access a web page that isn't there. Check your typing.

I see your attempt at a site.

with the editor you are using it is probably creating a lot of subfolders so you have to match all your coding up and make sure everything is where it should be or coded to where it should be and more

the ns12.bravehost.com is one part of your DNS server settings. So when getting a new domain and more it does take time for propogation and all and then will show

Thanks Peter & Candy that sounds like a tough challenge is it hard to match up the coding? I have registered the domain name with Bravehost and thought I moved the domain name from webgarden is there and easier way to transfer the files? or is ftp the best option.
So I need to fix the coding in the wegarden to eliminate the blue boxes?? why is the text and images not showing and links?? What have I gotten myself into wow.
Thanks Robin

Right now looks like you have some work to do

page is ALL white with stuff down the left side only

then a break in the middle area with something

but links and images will not show if they are not coded right

would have picked a better editor or something

the source code is hard to sort out way it is

I would delete and start over with perhaps a different editor

But for your links

example: messages goes to

moesguidingsite.com/messages

you don't have an htm or html extension on end of it so page can't be found

do you have a messages.html page

your broken images are supposed to be at this link

moesguidingsite.com/_/img/icowebsite.png

that is for one of them so if you don't have a _ folder with an img folder inside of it then you will have broken links

suspect a lot of this coding problem is down to way your webbuilder makes the page and more things

So going to have some work ahead of you to sort it all out

Thanks rusi I see under my website manager I have 2 sites the first one being this crappy site the second one shows up real well what would happen if I delete the first one will the second one still show?? that url is moesguiding.com