This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
trying to size a embed video

Hi,

I am trying to embed a youtube video. I can embed it but can't resize it. I have tried changing the highth and width in the code but after I save it publish it and then go to look at it the size hasn't changed at all. when I go back to look at the code it has reverted to the origional code I pasted in and didn't save the changes.

Re: trying to size a embed video

I suspect that you are making the changes outside of Bravenet's Website Wizard then going to the Wizard and using the publish function. This tells Bravenet that you want to scrap the change that you last made and revert to whatever you last did in the Wizard.

You either use the Wizard 100% or not at all.

I use Wizard. I found that after you have modified the size in code, while the CODE is still in view, then save, publish etc.

If you check out the image before publishing, or decide to modify the rest of your page again, then it does revert back to the original size.....

or you can save the file somewhere else ie
http://www.ripway.com/
and use their code.

Another thought (a tip?) for example, instead of putting the entire code as a link ie:-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKWq2a7v_5w

Just use the title:-
Training Level 1 LGF Show
and link directly to the above URL from this...
just a thought.....

Ok,

Maybe I am just missing something here. I only make the changes in the website wizzard. Have never used anything else.

So make changes in wizzard, save (with code page open and make no other changes before I save), publish and it still doesn't work.

On my site I have just pasted the link, the only problem with that is it takes people away from the site while embeding keeps them at the site.

Not to mention I am like a dog with a bone like to work at a problem until I master it

What else might I not be doing right

I have never tried to change the coding with the youtube video's

I just make sure am embedding it in an area big enough.

may be your only possibility if changing the code doesn't work

Problem with that is that it takes up almost a whole page. My business is videos so only one video to a bage my web site would be really big