This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Customer Account on Website?

Forgive me. lol
I know html haven't really gotten into anything else, although I know little tid-bits here and there about everything else. If I could just be pointed in the right direction I can figure the rest out.

How would I go about creating a Customer Account / Login Option on my web page.

Thanks
Wendy

Re: Customer Account on Website?

I wouldn't really be able to answer that without some study whatever you mean. But I suspect those more knowledgeable might require you to explain what exactly you mean by "customer account". Are you looking for some kind of shopping cart software?

Re: Re: Customer Account on Website?

Looking at the site I guess she wants customers to create an account in the shopping cart so that it remembers their details.

That is only worth while if you get frequent repeat businesss (groceries, pet food etc). With infrequent purchases such as jewellry it just annoys customers.

Re: Customer Account on Website?

Sorry, Had a double shift today.
I was wanting to provide an account/purchase detail (no financial info). I got to thinking... it would just be easier to send them an email.

Just trying to figure out the best way to make it easier for customers yet still have a level of professionalism.

Re: Re: Customer Account on Website?

An email acknowledgement of the order should be a function of the shopping cart. When you get more complex than that it depends on what software you are using at your end to manage your inventory.

All the functions that you are thinking of will come with various off the shelf sofware products but you are getting into an expensive business.