This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Inserion of meta tags and keywords

I am a novice at this so please forgive me if this is simple - I have one of the free websites and pay for simple domain via Bravenet - i have used a website template and want to know how to include meta tags and keywords in to my website - for later submission to google.

Thanks in anticipation

Re: Inserion of meta tags and keywords

Your using a Website Wizard Theme, which doesn't have a utility for adding meta tags. The Layout based Wizard has a utility for adding simple meta tags, but even with a Layout, you can't add custom meta tags. So your pretty much, out of luck.

Due to rampant abuse, search engines don't rely very much on meta tags very much. But sometimes they want you to use a meta tag with a special code, for identification. You can try adding them in to one of your page content areas, but it is unknown how effective they will be, if their not in the expected place.

Note: This is strictly a Website Wizard issue, and has nothing to do with your site being free or paid. I don't think that Bravenet owns the Wizards. So they are probably not going to make any changes. They started advertising a replacement for the Wizard about a year ago, but I haven't heard any word on that in months. And so far, no replacement has happened.

Re: Re: Inserion of meta tags and keywords

thank you