This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Table Design

Does anyone know how I can make my table layout and text bigger so it looks in keeping with the site rather than looking like a postage stamp?

Thank you,
Sean.

Re: Table Design

Yes.

Was there something specific you had in mind?

I'm having the opposite problem! I created a table and placed an image in one cell. Just below that cell, I inserted a hyperlink and the hyperlink text is huge! I need to figure out how to make it the same size as the other fonts. I'm not new to HTML either.

It would be much better if you could give us a link to a test page that shows the problem. Otherwise, it's just guess work.

In most HTML documents these days, management of how a hyperlink displays is managed from the CSS file. With CSS, you can have the hyperlink text display and react differently, depending on the HTML tag that is wrapped around it. For example, you may see basic hyperlink definitions in a CSS that look like the following:

a:link {color: #FF0000} /* unvisited link */
a:visited {color: #00FF00} /* visited link */
a:hover {color: #FF00FF} /* mouse over link */
a:active {color: #0000FF} /* selected link */

This sets your hyperlink font color to "red". The font will change to "purple" with a mouse over, While only the color is set in the definitions above, font size and font type can also be defined. If you don't define anything it will rely on defaults or inherit the settings from the "body" definition. But further down in the CSS there might be a definition, like the following, that overrides the initial settings in certain situations.

table a:link a:visited a:hover a:active{ font-size: 20pt; }

This would set the font size for hyperlink display to 20 point, when it is used in a table. This can be combined with a "class" or "id" definition. There are so many ways that the attributes can be changed, it would be impossible for me to list them all. That is why it is important to have a link to some sample code. Only then could I tell you exactly why your hyperlink text is so big.

I'd like to be able to give you the code, but I have no idea what code is being used in the default newsletter template provided by Bravenet. All other text in the newsletter, whether I use

tags or no tags, hows up all the same size. The hyperlink text is just larger.

I know this isn't much help to you. It frustrates ME because I understand how CSS and HTML works. I just cannot find the code. Perhaps, I'm better of writing it from scratch and not relying on a default template?

Although I don't intend to use it, I signed up for the Mailing List service to see if I could replicate your problem. I added a table with two cells, one contained an image and the other a text link. But I didn't see any problem. The text in the link was the same size as all the other text.

Since you know how to work with HTML and CSS, you might just want to try forcing the issue with a in-line style setting. A basic text link code might look like the following and display like this... Some linked text.

Some linked text.

The display relies on the default style settings in this forum. While I can't modify their style setting, I may possibly be able to apply my own. The style setting in the code below sets the font color to green and the font size to 18pt. It would display like this... Some linked text.

Some linked text.

If you want to have a hover/rollover effect, where the link changes color or size as you move over it with a mouse, then... with no access to a