This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
mhtml

MMk well I got really bored with the layouts on bravenet. got fancyish and made my own 5 page site with microsoft publisher, although I am clueless to this jiberish of html I did it. BUT I can't get it on here i guess because it is in mhtml format? sheesh i dunno what to do! Help

Re: mhtml

Using publisher was your BIG MISTAKE

it is not a proper webpage builder

Publisher can save a web site design in many formats, but saving it as ".mht", ".mhtml" isn't very useful. The ".mht", ".mhtml" formats were intended as archives or for sending in email. Many browsers do not support this format very well. Saving as ".mhtml" in on browser may render completely different results in another browser.

By default, Publisher save a design as ".pub". But like the other format, it's not very useful on a web site. A better way to save your design for use the Save As "Web Page, Filtered (.htm, .html)". This will produce a single HTML file plus a folder that contains the rest of your HTML pages, images, and any other objects that may be in your design. Then you can upload the HTML file, and the folder it created, to your web site. The folder may contain quite a few files. Just a simple 3 page web site can have 30-35 files in that folder.

It creates some pretty messy, hard to read, HTML code but most people using Publisher don't really intend to work at the code level. If they want to fix anything, they go back to Publisher to do it. While it's a bit different than most other applications, Publisher does have built in upload capabilities. If all you need is a simple set of static web pages and static text, Publisher will work for you. But Publisher has no scripting support and doesn't provide for any dynamic effects. So if you need more than what you already have, you may need to switch to a different application.

ok so i better stick to what bravenet offers me =) thank you