This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Rigt Clicking

How do I disable right clicking?

Re: Rigt Clicking

it can be worked around

I wouldn't even bother with it a waste

if you want to keep pictures protected then put some copyright or watermark on them or something

Have sent you the code that I use

Kathy,

I looked at the code for your web page. If that's the code that Steven sent you, throw it away. As with most Javascript code that attempts to disable a right click, it's insufficient to protect anything.

Javascript is easy to disable. Those scripts all attempt to modify a users context menu and remove it's functionality. All new browsers have a configuration item that disallows the modification of their context menu. In my browser, the script pops up a little message, but when I throw it away I get all my right click functions.

If there is something specific that you want to protect, do a google search and ignore the Javascript solutions. Javascript is great to work with, and has a lot of utility, but it was never intended as a protection device.

Re: Right Clicking

The code that Stephen sent me worked great! Thanks on the hint of where to put it. Works great see for yourself http://www.theprimitivehandmadedirectory.com

The code Stephen sent you does nothing sensible I can see. Depends, you never said what you want it for. If it is to annoy visitors so that they go away and don't use up bandwidth on a private site, I find that splash pages work better.

Photobucket

The question was how to disable the right click. The code does that. Nothing was mentioned about security.
I just answered the question.

Thanks

The question was how to disable the right click. The code does that.

Well then, it does not do that.

It attempts to prevent a users context menu from displaying, so they won't be able to access their right click functions. All I get is a worthless popup that I can throw away. I still have all my right click functionality.

And as far as security, what other possible reason could there be to disable a visitors right click?