This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
trouble with text

on my Contact Us page I have put my company name,
address etc. on the edit page, I saved it and then went to preview. The name and address are there on the bottom of the page. I then published same, now it does not show What have I done wrong?

Re: trouble with text

On your "Contact Us" page, I see a lot of problems. It looks like you clipped off one of the brackets for a "div" section, there are three instances of your form (two partial, one complete), you are using "non breaking spaces" to manage the text placement, and the part you are having trouble seeing is embedded within one of the "form" instances.

While I can see the name and address just fine, in some browsers, the "non breaking spaces" may push the text off of the screen. The two ;partial instances of your form don't really bother anything, but they shouldn't be there and can only cause confusion later. The missing "div" bracket may be the cause of the coloring shift on your site. I see completely different background colors when I look at your site with Firefox and Internet Explorer.

There isn't much on that page that you can't reproduce easily. With so many issues, my recommendation is to delete everything from that content area and start over. Add the introductory text, with the phone numbers first. Then switch to the "code editor" mode and insert your "form" at the very end of the code. Following the ending "form" tag, add a couple of dummy text characters. This is so, when you switch back to the "Visual Editor" mode, you can easily recognize where the name and address should go. Just select the text with you mouse cursor and enter the name and address. After you do that, the text may not be centered correctly. Don't just add spaces to position the text. Select the entire name and address text with your mouse cursor, and use the editing controls to center text.