This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Please Help :(

I am trying very hard to design my website and so far I have had to publish garbage just so I can use dreamweaver and view flash object through my site. so please excuse the mess as I have not uploaded the web pages I am working on.

My Question is...
I am trying to use anim FX to create a banner dreamweaver is not allowing it to work even tho they are supposed to be compatable, so it also gives you a html code to use I tried to copy and paste on my website just to see if it would work through bravehost pasges and it still does not work is the code wrong? here is a copy of the code... Thanks for any help...
codebase=http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=5,0,2,0
width=600
height=300>

quality=high
pluginspage=http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash type=application/x-shockwave-flash
width=600
height=300
bgcolor=#000000
scale= noborder>

Re: Please Help :(

I sent a reply to your email addresss but it bounced - no such address.

Your e-mail address is really immaterial, and only serves to get you lots of junk mail. You would be much better off not posting a e-mail address at all.

It's far better to post a link to your test page, than to try and post code in this forum. There use to be a way of posting code properly, but Bravenet managed to hose that up.

Anyway, there isn't anything wrong with your code. Except for the fact that I don't have the SWF file, the code sets up the proper display window. If I had the file, I'm pretty sure it would work. SWF files should work just fine on free sites. I have used them many times. The only thing you might need to be careful of is the size. If the SWF file is over 1 MByte, Bravenet might reject it. There isn't any big warning or anything, they just delete it.

But right now, all I see on your site is a Website Wizard creation. If you are using Dreamweaver, you need to stay away from the Website Wizard. The "publish website" utility in the Wizard, is for Wizard creations only. If you try to use it for anything else, it may overwrite some of you files.

Oh yea. Almost forgot. I do see the flash code inserted in the Wizard page. Again, all the code looks correct but the flash file does not exist. The code is expecting to see the SWF file in the root folder of your web page. This is the same place your "index.html" file exists. I tried a couple of common folders, but couldn't find the SWF file.

Thank you so much I have the Swf Txt and a html code I can not copy and paste here or add the files. I am not sure how to get it to you. Thank you so very much for all your help.. Angel

You don't really need to get it to me. All you need to do is upload it to your web site. You can upload it using the File Manager, FTP Applet, or almost any FTP tool you might have on hand. The code has the name of the file so just make sure the file you upload matches exactly. Just upload it to the same folder that the web page with the code exists.