This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
visual editor problems in IE

Hi, everyone, I appreciate your help. I have a website with free resources for teachers which I have run since 2003 (mspowell.com). This summer, I bought a new domain name (thecornerstoneforteachers.com) and am transferring all the content. I bought a flash website template from one of those online companies and built the site myself. The problem I'm having only exists with this particular template and not with my other bravenet-hosted site (mspowell.com).

Here's the problem: If I edit and save in any browser other than IE, the webpage content disappears and only the flash content shows in IE. All the edits show fine whent he page is viewed in Safari and Firefox. It has something to do with the tables in the template, I presume, since I can edit in text editor with any platform and it shows fine in IE.

This was annoying but acceptable until my PC crashed. Now I'm solely using my MacBook and IE doesn't work well on it. How can I edit my website in Safari or Firefox without having all the content disappear in IE?

Anyone know what's causing this problem?

THANKS!
Angela

Re: visual editor problems in IE

Kind of hard to guess, as I suppose the problem has been fixed on the page we are seeing? Could you make a page where you don't fix the prolem, so that we can see what is wrong. If there is any reason to. You say you own a MacBook, yet you talk of editing in browsers. Do you mean you edit the page online? I never heard of your particular problem before, but editing online creates other problems. Is there any reason why you should?

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I'm editing online, and at the risk of sounding completely ignorant, is there any other way?

Here is a page where the IE problem exists:

http://thecornerstoneforteachers.com/author3.html

On that page, I can't view the content in Firefox on a Mac, but I can in Firefox on a PC.

You have a counterscript on that page. When I removed it (from my copy of your page) content appeared.

I don't really do javascripts, but when I took a closer look, I saw a NOSCRIPT tag. And no closing /NOSCRIPT tag. Turns out that adding that also made your text appear.