Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
IMAGE NOT DISPLAYED

My image not displayed.
Created with Microsoft Publisher.
Pasted its HTML Code into blank page on bravenet.
Thank you.

Re: IMAGE NOT DISPLAYED

publisher is not an image editor.

I think what was meant was that the website was created in Publisher.

Normally, I'd explain that Publisher isn't a web editor either. But considering the content of the site, I'd say that for this particular kind of website, Publisher is perfect. (Especially if you are using something other than MSIE)

I may have mentioned this before, but the idea that the internet is an endless river of money for nothing where you just need to dip a ladle in, is simply not true.

If you live in a country where the standard of living is such that just one naive fool will be worth a week of hard labour to you, it just might be worthwhile. But only if you have a site that very discretely informs those who are willing to listen that this is a scam. Not with a site that screams "SCAM! SCAM! SCAM!" at the top of it's voice.

Re: Re: IMAGE NOT DISPLAYED

Image displayed on Microsoft Publisher; therefore, included in HTML created by Microsoft Publisher. Image not displayed on bravenet when Microsoft Publisher HTML pasted into its blank page to create web document. I am not expert with this; so, asked here at bravenet because logically another bravenet user could assist me. I usually ask questions at Yahoo Answers, which is likely what I should do now.
ABOUT THE WEBSITE: cannot respond because "Please do not post advertisements in this forum." I respect rules and treasure the free website hosting here.
Thank you, Kenneth

"Image displayed on Microsoft Publisher; therefore, included in HTML created by Microsoft Publisher."

That is a bad assumption. The image that you see while editing in Publisher will not be in the HTML. The HTML never includes images, only references to images. Look through the HTML code and look for any "img" tags. You will see that the HTML code is looking for them in a folder named "index_files". The images must be uploaded separately to a folder named "index_files".

When you use the "Publish to web" selection in Publisher, a file named "index.htm" is created. This is your main page. At the same time it creates a folder using the file name but appends a "_files" to it. So you should also have a folder named "index_files". That folder contains all of your images plus the HTML for any other pages. If you don't upload that folder, in it's entirety, you won't see any images or other pages.

You also need to make sure your file has a ".htm" or ".html" extension. The file you linked to has no extension. In Internet Explorer the page displays correctly. But in other browsers, like Firefox, only the HTML code is displayed.