This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Links going to Bravenet homepage

The links that I am writing in my forum messages keep linking to bravenet homepage. Why???

Re: Links going to Bravenet homepage

hard to say. you did not provide any information about your actual problem.

example... a link to your page having the problems might help??

Yeah sorry about that. I'm new to this.

http://pub26.bravenet.com/forum/2167463025/show/744254
Check the link out on the above webpage to see what I'm on about. Thanks heaps.

your return to website link is going to bravenet because that is where you have it going to

you have to login to your forum maintenance area and click on the general settings link and change that link from bravenet to what you want it to be then save

Hi ...

With all due respect, I think you've misunderstood what I'm trying to achieve.

The 'return to website' address is completely different from the 'one off' links that I might wish to include in a forum posting...for example example

well in your last post it didn't come right because you didn't code the html for your link properly

If you don't code the html for the link in your site properly then it will go to the bravenet forum as your link did

okay...I realise that I'm probably annoying everyone by now...but I STILL DON'T UNDERSTAND.

Candy, you're telling me that I didn't code the HTML properly in my website. At this stage I've only created a forum...not a website. I'm trying to work out if I can create hyperlinks (in forum posts) for other websites.

My very basic understanding was that this could be done if you allow HTML in your forum. The code I am using is:

REFERENCE WORD

Is this correct? What else do I need to do? I really have no idea. Treat me like a child. Start from the beginning. Sorry to be a pain.

Re: Re: Links going to Bravenet homepage

To code a link:
Bravenet

gives

Bravenet

Most forum software has the option to enable or disable html.

Check out w3schools for html tutorials.

thanks Peter...problem solved