This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Html code for playing embedded audio files in web page

Hi - I have embedded audio files in my webpage and have the players lined up on my page for each audio file - I have the first file on autostart.

I want the second file to autostart but after the first file has finished playing and so on through the files on my webpage. How do i code this in the html?

Do I code it by time? e.g. start_after_60_seconds
Or
Do I code it by number? e.g. play_2nd

I have tried many variations but no sucess
Help me someone
John T

Re: Html code for playing embedded audio files in web page

First. what type of music files. mp3,wav,midi.or what?
second. What code or codes have you used and what exactly do you want. example 1 song to play, 2 or more songs.
Third do you want it as an m3u swf or what type of out put file. E-mail me with exact details and I can help I have done lots with diffrent music players.

I had server issues on the site where I have examples
and am in the process of fixing it. Give a day or so and I will put up a couple examples on my bravehost site using midi files. Can not use mp3 on free site without hosting elsewhere.

to play one after the other, you would need to use a "jukebox" type of script or something. a timer would not work well as different loading speeds would mess that up for each visitor.

try this place.
http://musicplayer.sourceforge.net/
look for xspf player. also I put up a site at music2u.bravehost.com that has a basic player and contols does not show playlist. It uses a m3u playlist
and has instructions any questions E-mail me and I will help.

My audio files are mp3. I have used embed coding with player visible for visitor to control as well.
But my aim is to autostart ist player and autostart 2nd player and then third... At the moment players start at same time - i want to time it so that next player starts after one is finished.

I will look at the links you have supplied and get back to you on it - thanks.

Hi - yes thanks - thats what i am after.
Well done!