This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Website isn't set up for HTML

My website doesn't take html. I need to add links. Can I do this with any bravenet addons? If anyone has any link addons for classifieds or anything else, please let me know. Thanks.

Browser: moyanor

Re: Website isn't set up for HTML

If you have signed up for a hosting deal that doesn't let you access the underlying html then you have been seriously ripped off. Its like a garage selling you a car with the bonnet padlocked so you have to go back to them to check the oil or change a light bulb.

Switch to a reputable company ASAP.

your site is not EVEN HOSTED HERE AT BRAVENET

so go ask Vistaprint who is your host

don't know anything about editors they have and more

if they don't allow html for a website then then are really SCREWED UP and more

Since we don't know ANYTHING about your host or such where you have your website not much we can do since it is not a bravenet issue

Re: Re: Website isn't set up for HTML

This is the html forum not the Bravenet hosting forum. It isn't intended to be restricted to Bravenet hosting issues.

The post was a perfectly valid one deserving of a considered response.

I, too, am having problems posting a link to html. I don't know much about all this, so I'm sure it's my ignorance. Just need some advice.

Connie,

You may have to explain your problem a little bit more. I see your using the Website Wizard, and creating links is pretty simple. What are you trying to link to?

In the Wizard there are several ways to create links. When your in one of the content editors, you can select a image or some text and just click on the link icon. You will be prompted for the URL of the site or page you are linking to.

Also, in the Wizard management area is a link that says "add new links". This utility will create a sidebar with all the links you want. And example of how it gets displayed can be seen from the web site I linked on this posting. The only possible drawback to using this is that the sidebar will appear on every page. Some like that idea, some don't. If you don't you can use one of the sidebars on one of the pages and create your own list of links from the Wizard's content editor.

As a side issue, you might want to resize some of the images on your web site. Many of them are way too big. For images in the sidebars, I wouldn't use anything with a width of more than 180 pixels. For the main content area, you should limit the width to 480 pixels.

Plus, you need to avoid artificially resizing the images. This is when you have a big image, say 1024 x 1024, and then specify in the tag to limit it to 256 x 256. While this does work, it wastes a lot of bandwidth, and makes the visitors browser do a lot of work. And, this kind of resizing doesn't provide very good resolution. A better approach is to use something like the free graphic editor from IrfanView.com. With IrfanView, you can perform a quality resampling of your images that preserves the quality. For photo gallery use, you can use IrfanView to create thumbnail images.