Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: How do I upload PHP scripts?

in ftp,
to set permissions right click on the desired file or folder and the option should appear for you. it is also called CHMOD.

upload the php file as you did the folders. through ftp. click and drag or highlight and transfer. depends on which ftp program you are using. or you can use the file manager in your bravenet account area.

OK, I went to the FTP section of bravenet hosting... I couldn't find how to change permissions. Or where the CHMOD is...

All it offers is 'Edit' and when I select that, it takes me to a box that has a list of files... and this is what it says...

"Your selected path will be the home folder that your FTP user is locked into. All subfolders within the selected path will be accessible."

Other than that the only other functions I can see is to change the password, and connect to the FTP.

I did actually manage to upload all my files to my FTP account for this site, however now it is saying that it can't connect with the database.

Do I change that in FTP manager or in the file manager?

you said this...
"Set up folders and uploaded folders in Ftp"
so i assumed you have an ftp program installed and have used it already.

you use your ftp program to do the things i mentioned. in the ftp program, there is one window for your computer and one window showing your online area.

The FTP I used was the bravenet provided FTP transfer... That is the only one I have used, so I am confused...

I do have one through dreamweaver, I think, but I haven't figured out how to use that either...