This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Please Help!!!

My website at http://realitycheck.bravehost.com has brown background with what is suppose to be "white" letters, but I don't know what I have done but now the letters are showing up in black, as though they are part of the background somehow. Can anybody take a look at my website or source code and tell me what I did wrong? This came about after I added a banner to the bottom of my site. Thanks in advance for your help.

Re: Please Help!!!

probably something in your editor since you are using the wizard.

So check your text: css file perhaps that is the area with color coding I see so something could have changed there

Your background is black with black lettering so can't see the text.

I don't use the wizard but think you have to check your files in there or your pages

Hi, Thanks for your reply. I'm not sure how to find what you suggest. Also, no matter what color I change the text to, it does not change. I think that it has something to do with the background or the two description boxes on the left. Do you see anything unusual in this code:

Jack Zufelt

"If Goal Setting, Positive Thinking, Daily Affirmations, Self Talk, Dream Building, Visualization, Chanting, Fire Walking and Every Other "Technique" That Self Help Guru's Preach Actually Worked.... Then why are they failing miserably for you?"

Bob Scheinfeld

All Your Life, Without Realizing It, You've Been Playing "The Money Game"...And Losing. Now, Finally, You Can Win...

This is the code for the two boxes on the left.

Sorry, I sent the html code for the two boxes on the left, but it printed out normally.

Well, it wasn't those two boxes after all. I discovered part of the culprit: These two codes were missing;

right before the heading: When Was Your....

However, when I tried them both, nothing changed. But when I put the first code only, the letters are white again, but the gold header and footer banners are not going all the way to the end.

I will continue to work with this but if you think of something else that I can do, please let me know.

Thanks

well, it did it again, swiped my html code.

I will try again, but differently.

add the closing >

here are those codes:

DIV id=main++++Content
DIV class=content++++Container

add the opening and closing <> and delete the +'s

here are those codes:

DIV id=main++++Content
DIV class=content++++Container

add the opening and closing <> and delete the +'s

Re: Re: Please Help!!!

When posting code here, you must replace < and > with < and >

If you have a long code, you can either place it in a text editor and use a "replace all" command, or you can place at the end, which would give an effect like

Regards
~~Scutterman~~

Re: Re: Re: Please Help!!!

Thank you very much for your help with posting codes on here. I appreciate that.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Please Help!!!

no problem. A lot of people (including me) have trouble with it at first, due to the fact that some html code is allowed to be used within the posts...

~~Scutterman~~