This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Website Title

You have got two head tags on your page both with title tags in.

Thanx alot for yr help :) but i dont see 2 head and title tags?

i would watch it hiding the banners with your header there.

you have the free site and those banners NEED to be seen or you could be in violation of the TOS

So you may have to either upgrade or something.

And you DO have to head/title tags

One says untitled the other says Star monkey designs.

CHeck your source code

Make sure these tags appear only once each, in this order, in your HTML file.

I just looked at your source code. At the top of all the html code for your page there is
<.title>untitled<./title> It is the 4th line down, right below the <.head>

Further down you have added:
<.html><.head>
<.title> //StarMonkey Designs. <./title>

IN my opinion, You need to get rid of the second code and add the Starmonkey to the code at the top.

I don't use bravenet, free or otherwise but I am sure there is a way to view your code through an editor or wizard.

. were added to the code so it could be seen on this thread

Hope this helps

body tag was missing

FYI: when someone has a web page on a free site at Bravehost, you cannot readily tell what they have uploaded as their HTML code just by viewing the code you see when you view the page. This is because the servers add some advertising code when the page is fetched by your web browser.

The code at the server that adds the advertising code assumes that the designer of the web page has put all their tags in the correct order. If the designer doesn't do this, the server will still insert the code, which includes a tag and a
If the owner of a site uses FTP to download an HTML file, the server does not insert anything, and this is how one can check the actual code in their HTML files. But you cannot do this, because you do not know the password for their FTP account.

Here's a sample (and simple) page I uploaded to illustrate the problem:

http://sherlock.bravehost.com/nicepage.html

In that page, I included a title tag in the head element as follows:

a nice page on sherlock's Bravenet site

But because I forgot to include a tag, the server just puts its special code in at the top of my page. Their code includes a tag like this:

untitled

and since their title appears first, your web browser probably decides to believe that one, and my title does not appear.

If someone has a web page (.htm or .html file) on a free Bravenet account, normally when you view their code using a web browser you should expect to see two tags and two
No body tag!