This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
html coding for cloaked links and amazon coding help pls.

Hello,
I am having difficulty inserting my html codes for amazon books I am promoting. I have tried to set them up in a variety of diff ways...each time without the results I would like. At present, there are no active links on my pages as I have removed them all as when they were clicked on either error emssages came up or i wasn't getting the results I desired.
First issue: I wanted to cloak my affilaite link so created this code:

content="0;URL=http://affid.product.hop.marketplace.net">

Product name

this was working fine to cloak the link as I sent them to a page on my website which then redirected to the target website. Then I realized the link wasn't opeing in a new window so I edited the above html code removing the ="Refresh" and replaced with target+"_blank" this didn't work. can someone please help me to get the above html code to open in a new window. Much appreciated.

2. I have my html codes from amazon for books I am promoting but for some reason I cannot get them to function as intended.
They are basic text links with a product review html coding that is added separately. I would like these links to appear as text and when mouse hovers over link a product review is shown. I can get the links to work but not with the enhanced product review. This is the html coding from amazon which I inserted on the page where these books are located.
I inserted after content and before closing body tag

I have retrieved this script from amazon twice to be sure I didn't make a copy error the first time.
Any help would be appreciated. Visiting the site will be pointless as I have removed all links at this time. I have been using text editor to make these changes. Thanks again for any help.

Re: html coding for cloaked links and amazon coding help pls.

sorry for the typos also noticed that the entire html code did not show up so here it is-

line 1
line 3
line 4
line 5 line 6 content="0;URL=http://affid.product.hop.market.net">
line 7
line 10 Product name
line 11
line 12
line 13

noticed that in the first post I put target+"_blank" instead of target="_blank" just so you know I didn't use the plus sign in my coding when I was trying to get it to work.

For additional books just copy the code and change the IBSN number.chkb

Re: Re: html coding for cloaked links and amazon coding help pls.

Thanks for your reply Peter. I do have the correct codes from Amazon. I am having trouble getting the codes to function properly on my site. I am sure I have made an error somewhere when I have inputted them on my site.
Any thoughts on what I might have done wrong? I was using text editor when I was inserting the html codes.
Thanks

with html code you switch to the code editor and place code in there

But as said logging into amazon to get the complete and full code does help as well too