This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Drop Down Multiple Option Values

Hey there,

I am currently designing a website for a small candles and crafts business. I am using drop down menus to give visitors their selection of products. My problem is that he is selling different sizes of items which of course demand different prices because obviously the more material it takes to make something, the more expensive it will be.

What I would like to know is how to rig my coding to send Pay Pal different information values for each option a visitor can choose from. For example, he's selling decorative trees that come in 7", 14", 21", and 24" high. The 7" is $5, 14" is $10, 21" is $20, and the 24" is $25. So, I want to set it up so that when the visitor selects the 14" tree from the list and then clicks the "Add to Bag" button to send the information to Pay Pal, it will be recognized that it costs $10. Then the 7" will be $5, etc.

My guess is that I have to program these options into the

Browser: american_badass_4@hotmail.com,3

Re: Drop Down Multiple Option Values

You need to pass a parameter string to Paypal. They will give you the format. You will need to use javascript to code this dynamically - I am afraid it isn't something for the faint hearted.

As an alternative check out shopping cart software which handles a lot of this for you.